Make your day special
with pumpkin payasam recipe !!!
You can make your day
always festival by preparing this tasty pumpkin payasam.
This pumpkin payasam
recipe I have learned from my grandmother she used to cook very simple and
yummy recipes. Though I love all of the recipe from her, pumpkin payasam is one
of the most delicious and aromatic recipe I always like.
I would like to share
this special pumpkin payasam recipe with you in this post.
poosanikai payasam/ Mathanga Payasam
- Pumpkin cubes (1 Medium size) -
2 cup (peeled and sliced)
- Jaggery - -3/4 cup
(boiled and filtered)
- Thin cocunut milk - 2 cups
- hick cocunut milk - 1 cup
- Cardamoms - 5nos (crushed)
- Dry ginger powder - 1 tbs
- Cumin powder - 1 tbs
- Ghee - 2tbs
- Cashew - 10 nos
- Cook pumpkin in pressure cooker
with little amount of water. Steve from water if exists.
- Hand blend into smooth
- Take jaggery o boil in heavy
bottomed vessel. Add cooked pumpkin paste into boiling jaggery.
- Let it cook on low flame and
stir frequently until the raw smell goes off.
- Now add thin coconut milk and
continue boiling. Add thick coconut milk when the mixture starts
- Continue boiling in low flame.
Meanwhile, fry cashew in ghee and keep it aside.
- Add and mix cashew with ghee in
the pumpkin pudding when it starts thickening.
- Put of the flame. Now yummy
pumpkin payasam (poosanikai payasam/Mathanga Payasam) ready!
- Serve it hot or cold and enjoy
- Don't add excess of water for
boiling pumpkin. Boil in less water to keep the pumpkin taste.
- Hand blend give nice taste to
- coconut milk makes more
Health benefits of
- Pumpkin is one of the low
calorie produce vegetable and no saturated fats
or cholesterol.So, pumpkin is recommended by dietitians who
should control cholesterol and weight.
- It has rich dietary fiber, antioxidants,
minerals and vitamins. Fiber keeps your appetite in good.
- Pumpkin is storage of many of
anti-oxidant such as vitamin-A, vitamin-C and vitamin-E.
- A cup of cubed pumpkin gives
almost double the recommended daily intake of vitamin A, which is an
essential vitamin for good visual sight.
- Pumpkin is also
an excellent source of minerals such as copper, calcium,
potassium and phosphorus.
- Pumpkin supplies good
amount of B-complex group of vitamins like folates, niacin,
vitamin B-6 (pyridoxine), thiamin and pantothenic acid to our body.
Related Keywords :
payasam recipes, mathanga payasam,
ki kheer, make yellow pumpkin
payasam, pumpkin payasam recipes,
pumpkin payasam kerala,
sweet pumpkin payasam, pumpkin payasam with